Sunday, March 9, 2014

Time... Change?

It was predawn, after breakfast. We had something yummy, I assure you. A New Age station played a Japanese piece that was soothing, relaxing and I turned off the lights to meditate. I watched the birds search for yesterdays seed on the portion of ground that isn't covered by snow. Oh, yes. Lots of snow yet to be melted here. We've mountains. I don't expect it to be gone any time soon. We keep getting snow every time it melts, so...

But enough of that. My body and mind refused to consider waking up. I'm still trying to motivate myself to write something in my current WIP. I've got a future scene in my head--you ever do that? This isn't a scene that you're on, but one much further up the line? Write it. Get it out of your system. I don't like sitting and fretting about some current scene I need to write. I've got something in my head and I write it. I had a scene and dialogue rattling around in my brain yesterday morning, and it was for Book #8 in the Sabrina Strong series. I had to write it down on paper before it stalled and left me.

Before I go further, I'd like to mention that James Garcia Jr., who has very little time to write, let alone blog, did a post on his turning another year older and other news. His 11-12 hour job would kill me, and I have to hand it to him for his pushing himself to do what he does. So, if you have a chance, go say "happy birthday" to him.

I'm going to try and get something done today. Happy Time Change to those of you who had to turn the clocks ahead... if you're up, yet, that is.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad for the longer days. But I hate losing that extra hour of sleep.

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It will take me a whole week to get used to it. I'm still dragging and I'm not in the mood for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Daylight Savings Time is a waste.

    I've stopped setting deadlines for myself. It gets done when it gets done. This was one of the reasons I got out of traditional publishing--because I could no longer keep to deadlines. I'd rather do it right than fast.

    And I use a digital voice recorder so I don't forget ideas that pop into my head, even at awkweird times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I hate deadlines. Feels too much like homework--which I hated.
    Oh, thanks for reminding me, Norma. I should dig mine out again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the occasional scene in my head which'll turn up in a book or four down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, funny how that works, William.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, did I get you thinking? Want to add a comment? Be my guest and be nice about it. Since I've seen too many "anonymous" users I've taken this option off. Sorry, but you are only interested in selling me something. But my regulars are always welcome!