Monday, December 21, 2015

Yuletide Greetings

As this year slowly comes to a quiet end, I realize I've taken some needed time off from writing. I needed it because of burn-out. Not that I haven't worked on one thing or another. But also my schedule at my job became really too much for me. All I wanted to do after driving a transit bus for 7 hours a day is to come home and put up my feet and crochet. It relaxes me.

And since I was working on an afghan, I made one for a friend whose cancer had come back. She has been our friend at work for many years, and it's not just that she has the same last name (not related). Anyway, here's a picture she sent of the afghan I made her.

She was so thrilled to get it, she had no idea I was making this for her. She really loved it.

I have been working on getting the fifth book in series out/to my publisher. I've got three more after this and they are all in some form of draft or another. I'm ending the series at #8. At least for now. I'm not sure if I'll be writing more vampire novels. I want to try my hand at mystery. I've been writing vampire fiction for so long, it's become... old. I have a book that I chose from a store, called "Vampire Academy", and I tried to read it, but just couldn't get into it. Especially two women on first page about to suck blood from each other. Oh, gag me.

Other things have become more pressing, too. My need to work on crafts again. I don't know to what end. I have a lot of crafts made from almost 20 years ago still packed up, and it's hard to figure out how to sell them. No. I don't want to sell on-line. I just don't feel like going through all the crap of doing that. I don't live in town, so a little garage sale won't get people out here to buy... I've tried it once. And if I rent a spot in a craft sale, you worry about getting that rent money back and make something from sales on top of it. Pooh!

There aren't many "craft" stores around that take your stuff on commission. And the one that I know of is crammed full. How would my stuff stand out more than anyone else's?

So, I'm sort of in a little stand-still. I'm beyond trying to push myself. Nothing seems to work out for me, and I'm at the age where I don't want to have to worry about finding a new job, or learning a new job. I just don't care any more. I'm hoping to retire someday, some way. Just not work and have a trailer and plop ourselves down somewhere and enjoy life. I'm not sure if or when that can happen. Gotta get a trailer first.

Well, that's the news from Lake Woebegone. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, if I don't see you before.

4 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty quilt, Lorelei! Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, William. Merry Christmas to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Lorelei. I know what that burnout feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Norma. I'm sure you do (:

    ReplyDelete

Hey, did I get you thinking? Want to add a comment? Be my guest and be nice about it. Since I've seen too many "anonymous" users I've taken this option off. Sorry, but you are only interested in selling me something. But my regulars are always welcome!