Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall and Halloween My Favorite Time of Year

from http://www.halloweenclipart.com/
Just a quick post. We are enjoying some magnificent weather and tomorrow is the last day we can be free to enjoy it. Thus I'm going to post a little up date here.

I was contacted by my publisher the other day, showing me possible cover art for the next book. I was ecstatic over it. I think it will do it justice. (No, silly, it's not the cat with the black hat here, that's for Halloween!)

I've been working on read-through and re-writes of Crescendo. At the moment it's going fine.

Although I'm signed up for NaNo, I won't be able to do this. I don't even know why I signed up. Possibly a moment of insanity touched me. There is no way I can do 50K words in only 30 days--having only a few hours most days in which to write. No freaking way! And I respect anyone who can do it w/o cheating, and without making everyone around them nuts because they're in a frantic pace--I'd have to cheat. I'd also be all snarly, and snap at my husband and have no time for anything else.

I simply have no time, not enough energy and not only that, I hope to be promoting Vampire's Trill soon. What with having several blogs to maintain as well, I certainly can't expect to find time to work on a book at that pace unless I stay up way past my bedtime. That may put my health at risk, and my job in jeopardy. Two things I won't do to myself.

Getting the fourth novel done in 3 months I felt was my best, and it will stand as such. My murmurrings probably upset those of you who want to do NaNo. It shouldn't. I'm merely stating why I feel no need to do this. It's really up to the individual if they feel like whipping themselves into something so frantic, and I feel takes them away from other important things when they have a job, family, children and a house to maintain. I just can't do that to myself or my husband. He said he would understand if I did it. But I told him I'm recanting and not doing this.

But I hope to get through this first read through of Crescendo and begin thinking about the next book I want to write which is a new mystery series. If it grabs me I'll run with it. I've got a few ideas which overflowed from something I had written years ago. That was actually what I was planning on writing for NaNo. I'll begin writing it on November 1st and see how I would have done. Poorly, I'm sure.


6 comments:

  1. Fall and Halloween are fave times of year as well. Love the witchy cat. Happy writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to have discovered your blogs, i do not make much of Halloween but i do love vampire stories and everything about them. cool blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank you, Murugi. I'm sure that my vampire stories must intrigue you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say next year when it comes to NaNo. And, next year is here again and I'm not going to do it. My rewrites to SS are more important. And, like you, I work and need my beauty sleep.

    So don't worry, I don't think there are any NaNo police hanging around. And, I want to read all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly, Shelly. I mean, who can do this w/o compermising everything? I've charted how many words I can do in a good day, and I can't do that every damned day. I always have to go back an correct, too. I can't not go back to correct something, or rewrite it, that's how I work. No way I'm putting myself through such a strain. I can't help be be motivated. I suppose it's more for those who need to have an extra push, but I think it needs to be more time than a month. I think it's asking a bit much. A person under that much stress is likely to become sick. I can't afford that.

    Not only that I saw that you post your work there--I don't want my first draft out there for people to see/read and maybe rip-off. I just don't trust it. Sorry, if that sounds paranoid. But mostly it's just a crazy thing I can't get behind. I guess that's all I wanted to say here.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, did I get you thinking? Want to add a comment? Be my guest and be nice about it. Since I've seen too many "anonymous" users I've taken this option off. Sorry, but you are only interested in selling me something. But my regulars are always welcome!