Saturday, March 18, 2017

Out With the Old, In with the New

... and other stuff.

Hey, gals and guys, today is Saturday, and I haven't written in here for a while. A few things just kept me away. One was sales, and such on certain books, so I always go to Muse for blogs about those. I had some nice reviews, too. I'm waiting on the first one for "Party to a Murder", but it'll come. I just hope it won't be harsh (like a 3-star or worse!)

I've been busy this week, since I was on "spring break" from my work, and I needed to not only concentrate on my writing of the second book in the Lainey Q. books, but also, here I am heavy again! I'm so sick of diets that get you there, but you tire of the food quickly and really, I know that I've got flab even when I do loose ten or twenty pounds. Like most women I have it on my gut. It never goes away. What is the solution? I needed to find something. I was just listening to some wonderful music on UTube one day, and before it began they put on one of their commercials. Now, normally, I skip them--hit that skip button--and continue listening or watching a show. This time it caught me my surprise. This young lady with an amazing body was willing to share her secrets with anyone, and give away a video as well. Her name is Danette May. I went and watched her video, and did the exercises and did some others I found. Oh my god! I was sore for 3 days--still am, but I did them again, today, and found a few other moves for different part of the body--glutes, and arms. Anyway, here is the link, if you're interested. I highly recommend her, she's very energetic, and her exercises look easy, but once you do them you see that these work the muscles!

Now, keep in mind I'm 62, going to turn 63 at end of summer. If I can do these, and I don't say I do them as well as her, or as many counts on everything, so can you. I'm in good health, but I'm so out of shape it's just horrifying to me. I used to be thin. I don't like feeling the way I do, and I don't like looking the way I do. I've been looking to add something to my program, something also to get me psyched up, and this little gal has everything from what to eat to exercises that don't have you do crunches like a man, but these easy movements that you WILL feel in the areas you work.

There's also things to eat that help you lose weight, and lately, if you've seen it on Dr. Oz, or just somewhere in a magazine, they say eating certain fats can help you slim down too. Danette called them "Fats to burn belly fat" in this video. Non-fat is no longer good for you. They usually add more sodium and a few other things that are not good for you.

Here they are:
1). Coconut oil -2-4 teaspoons a day (you can supplement it for olive oil in cooking)
2). Raw & unsalted nuts--I prefer walnuts because of their many benefits.
3). Avocados (which have good fats in them, like "good" monounsaturated fat. If used in place of other fats, it can help against hypertension.

I've been buying avocados lately, and want to use them more, because of the benefits. I slice them into salads.I'd like to try making my own ranch dressing out of them. Because of the mild flavor, you barely notice them in a salad. You don't even have to have tacos to enjoy them!

Well, I'm going to go into my summer feeling better, and hopefully looking better. I've got 8 weeks to get tighter abs and everywhere else I'll be working on. I'm determined to keep this up. I've tried yoga but it wasn't getting it done for me. I needed something more aggressive and I think I've found it.

Well, I've got a lot to write this weekend, and hope to get further toward the climax of "Invitation to Kill", and I need to do other things as well, like go to the grocery store. We're lucky that a HyVee is one of our stores we go to, and they have a dietitian who is very friendly, and we talk to her all the time. I've found out what to take for fiber, and also probiotics. I've talked Dennis into taking probiotics, because he has so much trouble with his gut (angry gut), and we're at the point we no longer think it's the gluten thing any more. I've discovered a drink as well, called Kefir,(the video here explains why it's better than yogurt), which is touted as having the best source of probiotics. I asked Lisa (nutritionist), and she showed me the bottles in their health food department, and even opened one so I could try it. At first it's really somewhat sour, because it's fermented. But once I got past that flavor, the strawberry in it came through. I was able to drink it while we shopped thanks to Lisa.

Well, I think I've covered too much here. Even if you check out just one thing, please do, I think you may benefit from something I've covered today.

Have a good weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I never thought I would like them, but I do. But then I like asparagus, and most other vegies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my metabolism would slow down as I got older. I do weigh more, but I'm more sedentary. When I could still dance, I could eat whatever I wanted and still not gain anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was young I ate anything and didn't gain weight and after about 30, I began to gain weight. At first it was good, because I was really thin. But now it's just ridiculous.
      I've got a job that sedentary (driving a bus) and I write, which also I sit. So, getting up and moving during the winter months is a tough thing for me. I just gain the pounds. But in the summer I get it down, but not to where I'd like it. And considering that I don't like feeling weak, no matter if it's gardening or even walking, I hate being this way.
      So, I'm working on the core and my stomach muscles. I find it's going to take longer than the 3 weeks than was suggested. I can't hardly do 5 reps!

      Delete

Hey, did I get you thinking? Want to add a comment? Be my guest and be nice about it. Since I've seen too many "anonymous" users I've taken this option off. Sorry, but you are only interested in selling me something. But my regulars are always welcome!