Sunday, July 3, 2011

CELEBRATION!

Well, yeah. It's the 4th of July.

But I was meaning a celebration of getting a first draft done--finally!

My WIP, Beyond The Black Veil is finished as far as the first draft all the way through.

I had been working on this for several months and worried that the book would never reach anything over 200 pages.

Well, this morning at 9:00 am, I finished it at just under 96,000 words and at 259 pages. I was aiming for 96K words and 260 pages was my desired length.

I believe I deserve a pat on the back--and had ice cream with my luscious black raspberries on top. YUM!

I normally wait for a week before I work through it again, but I had to read my opening lines again, and even though I've tweaked them several times, I'm still tweaking. I actually love to tweak, can't leave well enough alone. But in my case, I'm probably improving it.

Well, happy 4th everyone! (yeah, the one or two of you who have checked this newest blog of mine out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, did I get you thinking? Want to add a comment? Be my guest and be nice about it. Since I've seen too many "anonymous" users I've taken this option off. Sorry, but you are only interested in selling me something. But my regulars are always welcome!